I thought I’d share what I put in ours in case you needed a bit of “Homework Station” inspiration. Up top I have a simple pencil box full of colored pencils, next to it scotch tape, a white-out pen thing-a-ma-bob, and a pencil sharpener. I also have little jars with kid scissors, crayons, pencils, gluesticks and erasers…you can never have too many erasers, am I right?
In the middle shelf I keep a big jar filled with fat markers, a small glass jar filled with fine tip markers, a mason jar of thick paint brushes, tempura paint, and a box of craft sticks.
The bottom shelf is for extra notebooks, folders, and paper. I keep a few of these fun plastic paper protectors I found in the Target Dollar Spot. You just slip a piece of paper into them and write on them with erasable markers…perfect for practicing spelling and writing and math!
As we head into autumn, one thing that is a priority for lots of households is a great homework station. This post is FULL of stylish and affordable ideas for homework stations that help your kids focus on homework and keep their school materials in order.
Whether you typically use the kitchen table or a desk for schoolwork, you’ll be impressed with the huge variety of inspiration here.
There are portable totes for spaces that multi-function; portable tri-folds help kids focus on their own work when they share a table; rolling carts and a DIY lazy Susan are great for tight spaces. There are cozy cubbies in a closet, desks in an armoire, desks in bookcases and desks that fold down from the wall. How about a homework station on the side of the refrigerator? Chalkboards, calendars, crafts and collections all find ways to dovetail with a student office.
Whether you like contemporary, vintage, industrial or mom’s kitchen style, you’re going to find homework stations to help your favorite students do their best!
1.Boy’s Homework and Art Station :: The Crafted Sparrow
2. DIY Homework Station :: Houzz
3. Laundry Room, School Room, Craft Room :: Teal and Lime
4. Homework Station Caddie :: Save the Phillips Family
5. Homeschooling School Room :: The Pioneer Woman
6. Vintage Library Cart Homework Station :: 4 Men 1 Lady
7. Home School Work Station :: Giggles, Wiggles, and Wonder
8. Back to School Homework Station :: The 36th Avenue
9. Small Space Home Office :: Better Homes and Gardens
10. Ultimate Closet Desk Station :: I Heart Organizing
11. Dining Room Homework Station :: The Handmade Home
12. Black and White Playroom Homework Station :: Classy Clutter
13. Homework Organization :: Centsational Girl
14. Flip Down Desk :: Ana White
15. DIY Free Standing Homework Station :: Simply Organized
16. IKEA Cart Rolling Homework Station :: Smashed Peas and Carrots
17. DIY Homework Crate :: Uncommon Designs Online
18. Homework Study Station :: Mom Advice
19. DIY Lazy Susan Organizer :: Home Stories A to Z
20. Bright and Cozy Homework Space :: Tiny Oranges
21. Home School Work Station :: Naturally Caffeinated Family
Creating your own homework work station at home? Check out these supply sources put together by the Spaceships and Laser Beams crew to stock up your supply center:
(Amazon Affiliate Links)
- Crayola Third through Fifth Grade Supply Pack
- Crayola Kindergarten Supply Pack
- Back to School Pens, Pencils, Paper Supply Bundle Box
- Crayola First and Second Grade Supply Pack
- Elmer’s Washable All-Purpose School Glue Stick, .24 oz, 4 Pack (E542)
- Paper Mate 70501 Pink Pearl Premium Erasers, Large, 3-Pack
- Crayola Crayons, 24 count (52-3024)
- Back to School Elementary School Supply (Arts & Crafts) Bundle Box K-6 Grade
- Elmer’s Washable No-Run School Glue, 4 oz, 1 Bottle (E304)