Argumentative Essay Topics From Team At Essay Basics
Click To See Examples Of Argumentative Writing
When it comes to essay writing professors usually supply students with topics to write about. However, there are cases when a student is free to write on any topic he wishes. The first step is where a great number of students get stuck. What topic to write about? The topic must be interesting, the topic must be essential and finally the topic must be informative.
We’ve done a great job on thinking about some interesting topics for you. We tried to come up with the topics that concern our everyday life at the same time will not sound ordinary. Check out this list of topics for argumenative writing that are grouped by different subject areas and choose something that fits you. We want you to make your final decision by saying “Here we go! This is a perfect topic for my upcoming essay!” Have fun with your writing assignment! Hope this list gives you a great essay writing help.
List Of Categories
Examples Of Argumentative Writing
Did you Know we can Write your Essay for You?
250+ Argumentative Essay Topics
|1||Is rugby dangerous?|
|2||Are footballers overpaid?|
|3||Is athletics underrated?|
|4||Is golf fun?|
|5||Is golf only meant for the rich in the society?|
|6||Where does golf get its revenue?|
|7||Is swimming healthy?|
|8||Why is marching band grouped as a sport?|
|9||Does cheerleading fit in games?|
|10||How is chess considered as a beneficial sports activity?|
|11||Hockey as a dangerous sport.|
|12||Steroid users should be banned from any sports activities.|
|1||Are we becoming technological zombies?|
|2||Will there come a time when there will be no innovation and technological advancement?|
|3||Is the current technology too advanced for us?|
|4||Are mobile phones killing authenticity?|
|5||Will robots make us lazier or more efficient?|
|6||What should be the actual cost of technology?|
|7||Are technological gadgets, the leading cause of cancer?|
|8||Is this the age of digital explosion?|
|9||Can the chip control the mind too?|
|10||Is FaceBook a great invention or the end of privacy?|
|11||Communication in social networks: is it a good invention or the end of good communication?|
|12||Impacts of cell phones on people: its pros and cons.|
|13||Are we too much reliant on technology?|
|14||Has internet brought about more harm than it is good?|
|15||Technology as a thief of creativity.|
|16||Do we need cell phones?|
|17||What impacts has the technology impacted on the community as a whole?|
|18||How some electronics bring about diseases?|
|1||Are politicians corrupt?|
|2||How do politicians gain influence?|
|3||Do some politicians engage in illegal activities?|
|4||Is the government doing enough to curb corruption?|
|5||Is the president supreme?|
|6||Is there anyone above the law?|
|7||Are the physically disabled considered in government?|
|8||Is the government overspending?|
|9||Does the government influence court decisions?|
|10||Is the government right in all its policies?|
|11||Pros of Monarchy.|
|12||Advantages and disadvantages of conservatism.|
|13||Democracy: is it the only option for governing?|
|14||Can the politicians do better?|
|15||Is politics an art?|
|16||Is politics a ‘clean’ game?|
|17||Famous people in the society should not get involved in politics.|
|18||How does the government oppress the taxpayers in the country?|
|19||Is politics considered an art or a talent?|
|20||Why are governors categorized among the corrupt?|
|21||The system has become more corrupted.|
Dating and Sex
|1||Is there a right age to start having sex?|
|2||What should be the role of the partners in a relationship?|
|3||Is polygamy or polyandry, a form of relationship?|
|4||Should homosexuality be legalized in every country?|
|5||What should one do if sex is too painful?|
|6||The civil marriage and what it entails?|
|7||Is online dating fruitful?|
|8||Is it proper to join dating sites and dating clubs to get a partner?|
|9||What is the best way to solve issues in a relationship?|
|10||Is it okay to date a younger man?|
|11||What should be the maximum age gap between partners in a relationship?|
|12||After how many dates should sex happen?|
|13||Are phones the chief reason for most relationship issues?|
|14||Is communication the most important element of dating?|
|15||Is it proper to date different races?|
|16||What is incest?|
|17||Are long distance relationships effective?|
|18||Is sex education important?|
|19||How does cheating impact relationship?|
|20||Is it wrong to date your boss?|
|21||Must there be love for sex to happen?|
|22||Long distance relationships.|
|23||Sex and violence: is it acceptable on TV?|
|24||Marriage life: does it lead to a routine?|
|25||The choice between sexual freedom and morality.|
|26||Is there gender equality?|
|27||Are there supposed to be specific roles for each gender?|
|28||Is there a stronger and weaker sex?|
|29||Are there specific jobs and careers for each gender?|
|30||Is there gender discrimination in religion?|
|31||Feminism and its positive and negative impacts on the lives of women.|
|32||Who are more intelligent: men or women?|
|33||Can men and women be friends?|
|34||Military service and gender.|
|35||Is age a limiting factor while dating?|
|36||Polygamy is not that evil.|
|37||How do pedophiles shatter the esteem of children?|
|38||Why is interracial dating encouraged in this new world order?|
|39||Why long distance relationships never make it.|
|1||Does art pay?|
|2||What are the challenges faced by artists?|
|3||Is art a profession?|
|4||How can artists market their work?|
|5||Is art gender-specific or age restrictions?|
|6||Is gothic art the best in history?|
|7||Can modern art be considered as art?|
|8||Is graffiti a part of art?|
|9||Graffiti is an illegal art.|
|10||Left-handed individuals are good at art compared to the fellow right-handed individuals.|
|11||Why is gothic art considered as evil art?|
|12||Can you succeed in life with art as a profession?|
Music and Movies
|1||Is today’s music educational?|
|2||Are musicians right to sing in both secular and religious genres?|
|3||Why are women used in most songs?|
|4||Why do people like secular more than religious songs?|
|5||How do musicians make money?|
|6||Is music a profession?|
|7||How long should a movie take?|
|8||Is music appropriate for all ages?|
|9||How are psychology and music connected?|
|10||Children tend to learn instruments better than adults.|
|11||All women prefer movies that have romance.|
|12||Do actors survive on only the money that they earn from acting?|
Internet and Social Media
|1||Can you get genuine friends online?|
|2||How do social media affect behavior?|
|3||Is online business profitable?|
|4||How does one avoid fraud on the internet?|
|5||Is there online bullying?|
|6||Should parents monitor what their kids are doing online?|
|7||Should parents be on social sites?|
|8||Is online privacy important?|
|9||What are the risks of online transactions?|
|10||Can we trace someone online?|
|11||Is censorship of internet necessary?|
|12||The unfair presentation of facts by mass media and should it be punishable?|
|13||Do firewalls assist in preventing bad content to the users?|
|14||How can you avoid the catfish type of people in the social media?|
|15||Has Whatsapp proven itself as an efficient communicating social media tools?|
|16||Can online friends stick by you even in harsh times?|
|17||How old should the children be allowed to access the social media sites and utilities?|
|1||Is the U.S being too lenient on Israel?|
|2||What should be done in the case of Syria and ISIS?|
|3||Is Russia supporting the ‘bad guys?’|
|4||How can the problem in Kashmir be solved?|
|5||Is the world turning a blind eye on South Sudan?|
|6||The third world war – is it possible?|
|7||What are the impacts of the contracting Chinese economy?|
|8||Is China a genuine superpower?|
|9||Who is wrong, between North and South Korea?|
|10||Is Iraq a failed state?|
|11||The issue between Israel and Palestine.|
|12||Is Somalia fast becoming a terrorist hub?|
|13||How can the world combat terrorism?|
|14||The war in Iraq and the questions for and against it.|
|15||Is pacifism utopia or the real way to peace?|
|16||Globalizations: its pros and cons.|
|17||The war in the Middle East and America will never end.|
|18||Did the death of Saddam reduce conflict in the world?|
|19||Globalization will be the main reason for the third world war.|
|20||How can ISIS be abolished?|
|21||How was the war in Iraq justified?|
Law enforcement and Justice System
|1||Should court proceedings be televised?|
|2||The possibility of eliminating judicial errors.|
|3||Adoption of children by gay couples.|
|4||Punishment of desecration of religious objects.|
|5||The most suitable age for voting.|
|6||Are the police justified to use live ammunition?|
|7||Military service: should be compulsory?|
|8||Is drug testing in the workplace a violation of your rights?|
|9||Is it right for someone to be judged in a foreign country?|
|10||Should the drinking age be increased or reduced?|
|11||Should the driving age be increased or reduced?|
|12||Is the International Criminal Court fair in its judgments?|
|13||What is alimony and who should pay it?|
|14||What should be done to improve the police force?|
|15||Gay marriage: Should it be accepted in all the democratic nations?|
|16||Is it proper to merge the police and the army?|
|17||Laws prohibiting the use of heroin: Should they also be applied to tobacco?|
|18||Generally, is there justice?|
|19||Advertising of alcohol and whether it should be prohibited.|
|20||Should voluntary euthanasia be legalized?|
|21||Should marijuana be legalized?|
|22||Is maintenance of law and order, relative?|
|23||Is capital punishment a thing of the past?|
|24||Use of cell phones while driving: is it acceptable or should it be banned?|
|25||The justice systems are corrupted beyond repair.|
|26||Is the criminal justice system in countries racist?|
|27||Do the police favor law offenders from their race?|
|28||Should live ammunition be used in college students’ strikes?|
|29||Are the law enforcers justified to sacrifice a hostage for the sake of the others?|
Parenting and Childhood
|1||What is the right age to give birth?|
|2||Are there any complications with late parenthood?|
|3||Just which is the best way to discipline a kid?|
|4||How should adolescents be handled?|
|5||Should parents go for further training in parenthood?|
|6||Is it right to house your child past the age of 30?|
|7||What should a parent do, if the child is consistently rude?|
|8||Should failed parenting be criminalized?|
|9||Should there be distinction of duties between the parents?|
|10||How should a single parent play both roles of father and mother, to the child?|
|11||Should we reward our children for good conduct?|
|12||Is extreme pampering dangerous for our kids?|
|13||What should a parent do to protect the kid from bad company?|
|14||How can parents nurture talent?|
|15||Motherhood and the most suitable age.|
|16||Small or large families: The best alternative for children.|
|17||How old can you legally become a parent?|
|18||Is Down’s syndrome related to late childbearing?|
|19||What is the most standard number of children that parents can bear?|
|20||Between a father and mother, who has the most roles?|
|21||What is the greatest way of punishing your child?|
|1||Is this the most immoral generation in history?|
|2||Are we slowly getting swallowed with our own arrogance?|
|3||How can the current generation be properly managed?|
|4||Is this generation a product of experimental parenting?|
|5||Is there the relation that was there in the past, at present?|
|6||Necessity of school uniform.|
|7||Teen marriages and should they be allowed.|
|8||What is the effect of violent games in real life?|
|9||Does this present generation know how to maintain relationships?|
|10||Has this generation become brainwashed with communication technology?|
|11||The increasing number of teenage mothers.|
|12||Do movies that are violent and immoral have an impact on the behavior of this generation?|
|13||Does this current generation follow any rules?|
Religion and Spirituality
|1||Just what is the meaning of the word ‘evil?’|
|2||Relevance of all religions: are they all good?|
|3||Is there anyone righteous in the word at the moment?|
|4||Which religion is right?|
|5||Is there heaven and hell?|
|6||Atheism as a religion.|
|7||Is there God?|
|8||Why are there so many religions in the world now?|
|9||Why did Christianity split into so many distinct religions as there are now?|
|10||Is yoga more spiritual than fasting?|
|11||Are today’s pastors genuine?|
|12||What happens, or where do people go, after they die?|
|13||Is death final? If God is there, why are people suffering so much?|
|14||Why do Christians get divorced at almost the same rate as non-Christians?|
|15||Why do different prophets preach contradictory teachings?|
|16||Why is Islam preaching violence yet it is a religion of peace?|
|17||Does the soul exist?|
|18||Is reincarnation real?|
|19||What is karma?|
|20||Why were we created?|
|21||Why is there too much evil in this world?|
|22||Is the Sabbath controversial?|
|23||Is it a mandatory to go to respective places of worship?|
|24||Is having many religions justified?|
|25||The world would be better if the religions were not there.|
|26||Do alternatives related to evolution exist?|
|27||Can religion be considered as a force of evil?|
|28||Will cloning mean the end of morality in the world?|
Morality and Responsibility
|1||Who should be in charge of one’s morality?|
|2||Is there a perfect punishment for immorality?|
|3||Are the current religions guiding people in the right direction?|
|4||What is the meaning of life?|
|5||Did we come from one creator?|
|6||Is black PR acceptable?|
|7||Contraceptives and birth control.|
|8||Are security cameras an infringement of privacy?|
|9||Ethics issues affecting prolonging of people’s lives by scientists.|
|10||Banning of pornography.|
|11||Is mankind losing its morality?|
|12||What is the reason why people don’t live up to their full potential?|
|13||Is peer pressure bad?|
|14||Where did the universe originate from?|
|15||How does one build self – esteem?|
|16||Is personality important in the image of a person?|
|17||Is abortion a form of murder?|
|18||Is Euthanasia a form of mercy killing or a crime?|
|19||Pros and cons of hunting.|
|20||Right to murder and the society.|
|21||How important is the education on patriotism?|
|22||Animal testing: A necessity or savageness.|
|23||Is keeping animals in zoos acceptable?|
|24||The morals behind cloning.|
|25||Necessity of death penalty: is it a vestige of the past?|
|26||Suicide is a brave act of cowardice.|
|1||Is education becoming useless?|
|2||Is plagiarism a serious crime as it is put to be?|
|3||Corporal punishment in schools.|
|4||What is worse, exam cheating or boycotting?|
|5||Is the current education system relevant?|
|6||University degree: is it necessary for success?|
|7||Are colleges churning out half-baked professionals?|
|8||Importance of mandatory physical education for students?|
|9||Is homeschooling considered as a basic form of schooling?|
|10||Has education become so much commercialized?|
|11||Is academic grading helpful in performance?|
|12||Should boarding in schools be banned?|
|13||How can a student acquire all-round education?|
|14||Should there be specific dress codes in schools?|
|15||Should education be mandatory?|
|16||Is online education important?|
|17||Should education be privatized?|
|18||Sex education in schools: should it be halted or increased?|
|19||Video games at school.|
|20||Education and its importance in the developing of a country.|
|21||Is sign language equally important as the foreign languages?|
|22||For foreign language to be effective, it should be implemented right from kindergarten.|
|23||Should single-sex education be introduced in colleges and universities?|
|24||Sports should be made a compulsory course in higher learning institutions.|
|25||The examinations results do not necessary reflect the knowledge of the child.|
Jobs and Careers
|1||Should a parent choose the career for the child?|
|2||Are some careers better than others?|
|3||Can one do a career he/she has not studied?|
|4||Why are other professions paying than others?|
|5||How long should a person work in a day?|
|6||Should there be a dressing code for each profession?|
|7||What is the best profession?|
|8||Afternoon nap facilities should be introduced in the working places.|
|9||Should all careers overlook tattoos?|
|10||Does experience apply in all types of works?|
|11||Should short dresses be banned from the workplaces?|
|12||Some career opportunities have prestige compared to others.|
Health and Nutrition
|1||How much protein should be taken in a day?|
|2||What is the diet of a pregnant woman?|
|3||What is the best way to slim or gain weight?|
|4||What is the ideal amount of water for a healthy person?|
|5||What causes cancer?|
|6||What is the best meal for a diabetic patient?|
|7||Vegetarianism and health?|
|8||Are traditional and alternative medicines reliable?|
|9||Is fast food beneficial or detrimental?|
|10||Can man live without eating meat?|
|11||Stimulants used by sports people.|
|12||Going to hospital and self-treatment.|
|13||Is being broke a habit?|
|14||Heroin should be made compulsory to the terminally ill patients.|
|15||Unhealthy foods should comply with high taxation so as to prevent the processing.|
|16||Access to free health care should be made available to everyone.|
|17||Ancestry knowledge is essential for healthy living.|
|18||Drug addiction is not a disease as it is entirely dependent on the choice of the individual.|
|1||Are we alone in the universe?|
|2||How big is the universe?|
|3||Is there a connection between science and religion?|
|4||How can we prove that the earth revolves?|
|5||Is there life on moon?|
|7||Different theories to explain the origin of the universe.|
|8||Are there stars that are bigger than the sun?|
|9||What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?|
|10||How did the continents split?|
|11||Is there some language for animals?|
|12||How did the ancients use science?|
|13||Is there any science behind life?|
|14||Nuclear energy and safety issues.|
|15||Importance of alternative sources of energy.|
|16||Is genetic research improving or destroying the lives of people?|
|17||Is global warming a belief or a real danger?|
|18||Space exploration leads to wastage of money.|
|19||The greatest hoax in history was the NASA moon landing.|
|20||Is Mars considered as the next destination for humans?|
|21||GMOs will be the savior of the hunger problems faced by the world.|
|22||Do animals interact with each or is it just coincidence?|
|1||What is the best place to go on a date?|
|2||What is the greatest bargain you have ever got?|
|3||Can hiking happen at night?|
|4||Is rock climbing dangerous?|
|5||What should be the appropriate dressing code for church?|
|6||Is the current trend in fashion attractive?|
|7||Should there be a measure of just how far fashion should go?|
|8||Is the present fashion better than the ancient one?|
|9||What is the appropriate manner to prepare for a dinner date?|
|10||Are high heels good for the body?|
|11||Destruction of forests as a crime against the planet.|
|12||The different views of the bombing of Hirosima and Nagasaki.|
|13||Rainforests and why their destruction should be prohibited.|
|14||Wealth and happiness.|
|15||Most suitable age to find friends.|
|16||Possibility of having everyone in the world as rich.|
|17||Our ideas and their influence on the world.|
|18||Pros and cons of living in the city or in the country side.|
|19||People have never been content with what they have in life.|
|20||Can laziness be considered as a bad thing?|
|21||Is social status that important?|
|22||Is the society still a sexist world?|
|23||Are foreign films the main cause of the increasing immorality in the society?|
|1||Artificial intelligence cannot make life convenient.|
|2||Artificial intelligence is not dangerous to humanity.|
|3||Self-preservation and real acquisition is inherent.|
|4||Can artificial intelligence detect human emotions?|
|5||Artificial intelligence can aid in mind reading.|
|6||Robots can educate humans.|
|7||Are the advancements in artificial intelligence viable?|
|8||Robots are not the pioneers to artificial intelligence.|
|9||Automation and artificial intelligence are the same.|
|10||Artificial intelligence is all about technology.|
|11||Everything cannot be solved through artificial intelligence.|
|12||Artificial intelligence can cede control over humanity.|
|13||Artificial intelligence cannot be competent to man.|
|14||Humans have a general purpose intelligence.|
|15||Artificial intelligence is a belief.|
|1||Are space explorations worth the time, money and resources?|
|2||Can space exploration save mankind?|
|3||Technologies used in space exploration can help solve earth’s problems.|
|4||Space exploration gives us no direct benefit.|
|5||Is the need to colonize space viable?|
|6||Having not fully explored the earth, is it viable to explore space?|
|7||Unmanned probes are not the best choice for space exploration.|
|8||Is space exploration necessary for understanding the world?|
|9||The scientific knowledge of space has value beyond the measurements of cost.|
|10||Space explorations can lead to physical and environmental hazards.|
|11||Space explorations do not guarantee long term survival.|
|12||Is it necessary to prioritize space exploration programs?|
|13||Space explorations can provide us with new and untested raw materials.|
|14||Are we causing damage to other ecosystems through space explorations?|
Life in the Future
|1||Will we be able to feed earth without destroying it?|
|2||We can colonize outer space.|
|3||Will there ever be a cure of AIDS?|
|4||Will global warming pose as a threat to nature?|
|5||Sexual and gender issues can be altered.|
|6||Homo sapiens can survive in the next 300 years.|
|7||Gender equality can be achieved in the sciences.|
|8||Peace can exist worldwide.|
|9||Will natural disasters be predictable with warning times?|
|10||Global warming can be stabilized?|
|11||Can we be able to understand dark matter?|
|12||Robots will be able to perform major labor jobs.|
|13||Will there be satellite controlled cars?|
|14||Extinction can be avoided.|
|15||Can the whole world have adequate health care?|
|1||Is getting drunk a crime?|
|2||Should marijuana be illegalized?|
|3||A drug test should be mandatory to students.|
|4||Drug abuse is easy to control.|
|5||The use of tobacco should be illegalized.|
|6||Should smoking be allowed among teenagers?|
|7||Smoking zones should be brought down.|
|8||Parents are the main reason why there are rampant cases of drug abuse among teenagers.|
|9||Drug abuse ads are effective.|
|10||Drug abuse is not a problem for teenagers.|
|11||Can universities impede student drinking?|
|12||Is a drug abuse era significant?|
|13||Drug misuse is not effective.|
|14||Can the abuse of prescription drugs risk in addiction?|
|15||Drugs are not harmful to our health.|
|1||Having more vegetarians will strip off people’s income.|
|2||A meat rich diet is healthier than a vegetarian diet.|
|3||A meat rich diet is expensive than a vegetarian diet.|
|4||Vegetables keep one healthier while meat eating diets are more prone to chronic diseases.|
|5||Meat rich diets are more essential for normal body functions.|
|6||Vegetarianism influences mental ability.|
|7||A vegetarian diet helps in weight loss.|
|8||It is impossible to live without eating meat.|
|9||Does being a vegetarian imply that you have a longer life span?|
|10||Can one survive on a vegetarian diet?|
|11||An increase in the number of vegetarians will put some wild animals at risk.|
|12||Vegetarianism is unhealthy.|
|13||A vegetarian diet is more important to an athlete than a meat rich diet.|
|14||Vegetarians care more about animal suffering than that of humans.|
|15||There is no significant environmental impact that is brought about by a vegetarian lifestyle.|
|1||Can tattoos be considered valid art?|
|2||Tattooing and crime are not related.|
|3||Tattooing does not define an individual’s personality.|
|4||Should tattooing be banned on medical grounds?|
|5||Tattooing is still a taboo in the society.|
|6||Tattooing should not be a factor in job recruitment.|
|7||Should tattooing be allowed in the workplace?|
|8||Peer pressure is a major factor which influences one in having a tattoo.|
|9||Tattooing and Paganism are not related.|
|10||Do people who have tattoos look more attractive?|
|11||It is not wrong for a Christian to tattoo.|
|12||Tattooing should be discouraged for teachers.|
|13||Tattooing is a viable method of creating memories.|
|14||Tattooing is an act of rebellion.|
|15||Should tattooing still be considered a delinquent behavior?|
|1||EDM music is noise.|
|2||EDM is not the new age hard metal.|
|3||Electronic dance music is not associated with drugs.|
|4||Terrible music is not popular than EDM music.|
|5||EDM music is all about performance.|
|6||EDM music helps in boosting one’s immune system.|
|7||EDM music is a boon.|
|8||EDM music is not chaotic.|
|9||EDM music stimulates the mind.|
|10||EDM music helps in stress reduction.|
|1||Rap music brings about gender issues with it.|
|2||Rap music can cause violence and hostile behavior among teenagers.|
|3||Politics and rap music do not correlate.|
|4||Rap music influences sexual behavior among teenagers.|
|5||Rap music is not the best genre for vocal improvisation.|
|6||Rap music can be insulting.|
|7||Rap music is not more popular than other music genres.|
|8||Rap music does not portray one’s cultural background.|
|9||Should rap music be censored?|
|10||Is rap music big enough to be considered a culture?|
|1||Rock music does not foster bad behavior among the youth.|
|2||Rock music is not related with Satanism.|
|3||Rock music does not engage negative influence among the youth.|
|4||Rock music is not authentic.|
|5||The rock and roll lifestyle is not fully associated with drugs.|
|6||Rock music does not have deeper emotional content.|
|7||Stupidity is regarded as a virtue in rock music.|
|8||Rock music has a positive influence in the society.|
|9||Does rock music acknowledge religion?|
|10||Rock music is a more popular genre than other music genres.|
|1||Economic success in Trump’s regime is visible|
|2||Donald Trump is perfect at making enemies|
|3||Donald Trump does not support globalization|
|4||America needs Trump to restore honesty|
|5||Donald Trump: Why he will not make America Great Again?|
|6||Donald Trump is not a champion for environment|
|7||Why Donald Trump is the most pathetic President?|
|8||Donald Trump is a direct president|
|9||American People chose Racist Trump instead of President|
|10||Is Donald Trump a Narcissistic President?|
|1||Blockchain: A Bitcoin crypto-currency.|
|2||Is Blockchain Secure?|
|3||Is Threat or Opportunity comes first in Blockchain|
|4||Blockchain Use-case: Payment and Insurance|
|5||Blockchain no longer a revolution in banking|
|6||Blockchain improves due to Brexit|
|7||Blockchain impacts positively on Energy|
|8||Blockchain improves Trade Finance|
|9||Blockchain improves developing nations more than developed nations|
|10||Blockchain reverse revolution|
|1||Market demands and authority control crypto-currencies|
|2||Cryptocurrency is a breeding ground for mistrust|
|3||Cryptocurrency is an amusement to the market|
|4||Cryptocurrency enhances confidential transaction|
|5||International co-operation: A sure way to regulate crypto-currencies|
|6||Cryptocurrencies burst due to bitcoin|
|7||Cryptocurrencies enhance transaction security|
|8||Cryptocurrencies promote black market|
|9||Cryptocurrencies: the best investments for future|
|10||Cryptocurrency: the best replacement for economic market|
Internet Of Things
|1||End-to-end security challenge brings down internet of things|
|2||Fog computing boosts internet of things|
|3||Sharing in social network taints improve internet of things|
|4||IoT no longer guarantees security and privacy|
|5||IoT improves agricultural productivity|
|6||IoT promote environmental conservation|
|7||Intelligence controls IoT|
|8||Is IoT making us stupid?|
|9||IoT vehicle simulation system does promote accidents|
|10||IoT enhances cybercrimes|
|1||Machine learning helps in fraud detection|
|2||Machine learning enhances stock market prediction|
|3||Machine learning enhances man replacement with machines|
|4||Machine learning makes people zombies|
|5||Machine learning promotes digital exploration|
|6||Chip can control our brain|
|7||Machine learning promotes communication|
|8||Machine learning promote sedentary lifestyle with passive learning|
|9||Robotics replaces human in various activities|
|10||Programming of machines endangers the freedom of choice|
|1||Are we becoming Facebook zombies?|
|2||We are too advanced for Facebook|
|3||Facebook is responsible for intellectual laziness|
|4||Facebook is responsible for fake news|
|5||We do not need Facebook|
|6||Facebook is responsible for relationship breakups|
|7||Facebook hinders privacy|
|8||Facebook: The home of fraudsters|
|9||Facebook encourages cyber bullying|
|10||Facebook promote censorship|
A great resource for assignment help for Chinese students is here: https://pandascholar.com/
Download All Topics
More Topics With Clickable Examples
Structure Of The Argumentative Essay
The introduction is the first part of the argumentative article as it will either capture the attention of the reader or bore at the same time. The introduction should provide general information that will be included in the article. The points can be highlighted in the introduction so as to show the necessity of the title thus the need for an argument. You should also state your argumentative thesis statement in the introduction. The thesis will give you a guideline on how to go about with writing the essay. The thesis should, therefore, be phrased as a general statement of the main idea being discussed. Ensure your thesis is not in the form of a title but rather a general statement that is specific and unified at the same time. Your thesis should be relevant so that the article can use a structure that is flexible so as to fit in the shoes of the readers. Below is an example of a thesis statement:
Topic: GMOs will be the savior of the hunger problems faced by the world.
GMOs can greatly assist in the eradication of hunger in the world.
For the body to achieve the intended meaning, ensure the points evolve from being general to specific. This technique is essential as it offers a platform of fully exhausting the points in a systemic manner. Use transition words so as to connect the paragraphs and make the point flow. Start the body paragraph by using a topic sentence followed by the argumentative evidence that will support the claim. Finish up the paragraph by illustrating how that particular point is related to the argumentative thesis in the introduction.
The conclusion gives the overall verdict of the argument. You can also restate the ideas that you have discussed in the body paragraphs so as to make your point valid. The conclusion should also aim at motivating the reader to do research in the future. The conclusion is related to the argumentative introduction as the topic as well as the thesis statement is restated in a more convincing manner. The conclusion also gives you a platform of illustrating your decision concerning the argument in the article and why you have settled on that particular decision. Try not to introduce new ideas as they will give the readers an ideology that the article is not comprehensive enough.
Argumentative Essay Outline (sample)
The above-mentioned topic selection can give you a clear understanding of what to write about. All you need to do is to pick the topic you are comfortable with and elaborate on it: develop a thesis and fully open it up. Please remember to write a strong conclusion to your paper. This will help sum everything up. Thank you.
Bonus: Examples Of An Argumentative Essay Writing
Topic “Water Shortage”
Topic “Argumentive essay on gmf (genetically modified foods)”
Updated, March 2, 2017 | We published an updated version of this list, “401 Prompts for Argumentative Writing,” as well as a companion piece, “650 Prompts for Narrative and Personal Writing.”
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter and get five new Student Opinion questions delivered to you every week.
If anything ever published on The Learning Network could be said to have “gone viral,” it is last February’s “200 Prompts for Argumentative Writing,” which we created to help teachers and students participate in our inaugural Student Editorial Contest.
We’ve now updated last year’s list with new questions and what we hope is more useful categorization.
So scroll through the 301 prompts below that touch on every aspect of contemporary life — from politics to sports, culture, education and technology — and see which ones most inspire you to take a stand. Each question comes from our daily Student Opinion feature, and each provides links to free Times resources for finding more information.
What issues do you care about most? Find something to write about here, or post a comment if you think we’ve missed a topic you would like to see us cover.
And if these 301 questions aren’t enough, the Room for Debate blog provides many, many more.
- Does Technology Make Us More Alone?
- Are You Distracted by Technology?
- Do Apps Help You or Just Waste Your Time?
- Do You Spend Too Much Time on Smartphones Playing ‘Stupid Games’?
- Will Wearable Technology Ever Really Catch On?
- Are Digital Photographs Too Plentiful to Be Meaningful?
- Do You Worry We Are Filming Too Much?
- Would You Want a Pair of Google’s Computer Glasses?
- What Role Will Robots Play in Our Future?
- How Many Text Messages Are Too Many?
- Has Facebook Lost Its Edge?
- Does Facebook Ever Make You Feel Bad?
- Would You Consider Deleting Your Facebook Account?
- Should What You Say on Facebook Be Grounds for Getting Fired?
- Should People Be Allowed to Obscure Their Identities Online?
- How Much Do You Trust Online Reviews?
- Are the Web Filters at Your School Too Restrictive?
- Do Your Teachers Use Technology Well?
- Should Tablet Computers Become the Primary Way Students Learn in Class?
- Can Cellphones Be Educational Tools?
- Should Computer Games Be Used for Classroom Instruction?
- Is Online Learning as Good as Face-to-Face Learning?
- How Would You Feel About a Computer Grading Your Essays?
- Is TV Stronger Than Ever, or Becoming Obsolete?
- Do TV Shows Like ‘16 and Pregnant’ Promote or Discourage Teenage Pregnancy?
- Does Reality TV Promote Dangerous Stereotypes?
- Does TV Capture the Diversity of America Yet?
- Is TV Too White?
- Why Do We Like to Watch Rich People on TV and in the Movies?
- What Makes a Good TV Show Finale?
- What Makes a Good Commercial?
- Why Did a Cheerios Ad Attract So Many Angry Comments Online?
- What Were the Best Movies You Saw in the Past Year?
- Does Live Theater Offer Something You Just Can’t Get Watching Movies or TV?
- What Can You Predict About the Future of the Music Industry?
- What Current Musicians Do You Think Will Stand the Test of Time?
- What Artists or Bands of Today Are Destined for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
- What Artists Do You Consider ‘Sellouts’?
- What Musician, Actor or Author Should Be a Superstar, but Hasn’t Quite Made It Yet?
- Who Does Hip-Hop Belong To?
- Will Musical Training Make You More Successful?
- Should Video Games Be Considered a Sport?
- Should Stores Sell Violent Video Games to Minors?
- Do Violent Video Games Make People More Violent in Real Life?
- When Should You Feel Guilty for Killing Zombies?
- Can a Video Game Be a Work of Art?
- What Game Would You Like to Redesign?
- How Sexist Is the Gaming World?
- Would You Trade Your Paper Books for Digital Versions?
- Does Reading a Book Count More Than Listening to One?
- To What Writer Would You Award a Prize?
- Who Are the Characters That Authors Should Be Writing About?
- Do You Prefer Your Children’s Book Characters Obedient or Contrary?
- Can Graffiti Ever Be Considered Art?
- Do We Need Art in Our Lives?
- Does Pop Culture Deserve Serious Study?
- Where Is the Line Between Truth and Fiction?
- Should Society Support Artists and Others Pursuing Creative Works?
- Do Parents Have Different Hopes and Standards for Their Sons Than for Their Daughters?
- Is School Designed More for Girls Than Boys?
- Is There Too Much Pressure on Girls to Have ‘Perfect’ Bodies?
- How Much Pressure Do Boys Face to Have the Perfect Body?
- Do Photoshopped Images Make You Feel Bad About Your Own Looks?
- Doctored Photos: O.K. or Not?
- Is It O.K. for Men and Boys to Comment on Women and Girls on the Street?
- Do We Need New Ways to Identify Gender and Sexuality?
- What Should We Do to Fight Sexual Violence Against Young Women?
- How Do You Feel About Rihanna and Chris Brown Getting Back Together?
- Why Aren’t There More Girls in Leadership Roles?
- Why Aren’t More Girls Choosing to Pursue Careers in Math and Science?
- Should Women Be Allowed to Fight on the Front Lines Alongside Men?
- Do You Believe in Equal Rights for Women and Men?
- Are Women Better at Compromising and Collaborating?
- Do Boys Have Less Intense Friendships Than Girls?
- Can a Boy Wear a Skirt to School?
- Is It O.K. to Refuse to Serve Same-Sex Couples Based on Religious Beliefs?
- Should Birth Control Pills Be Available to Teenage Girls Without a Prescription?
- Should the Morning-After Pill Be Sold Over the Counter to People Under 17?
- How Should Children Be Taught About Puberty and Sex?
- Is Dating a Thing of the Past?
- Is Hookup Culture Leaving Your Generation Unhappy and Unprepared for Love?
- Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage?
- Could Following These Directions Make You Fall in Love With a Stranger?
- How Should Educators and Legislators Deal With Minors Who ‘Sext’?
- How Should Parents Address Internet Pornography?
- If Football Is So Dangerous to Players, Should We Be Watching It?
- Should Parents Let Their Children Play Football?
- Should College Football Players Get Paid?
- Is It Offensive for Sports Teams to Use Native American Names and Mascots?
- Are Some Youth Sports Too Intense?
- Should There Be Stricter Rules About How Coaches Treat Their Players?
- Do Sports Teams Have a Responsibility to Hold Players to a Standard for Their Personal Conduct?
- Should Athletes Who Dope Have to Forfeit Their Titles and Medals?
- Do Fans Put Too Much Pressure on Their Favorite Professional Athletes?
- Does a Championship Game Always Need to Have a Winner (and a Loser)?
- Should Sports Betting Be Legal Everywhere?
- Should Colleges Fund Wellness Programs Instead of Sports?
- Where Should Colleges and Sports Teams Draw the Line in Selling Naming Rights?
- Has Baseball Lost Its Cool?
- Is Cheerleading a Sport?
- How Big a Deal Is It That an N.B.A. Player Came Out as Gay?
- Would You Want a Bike Share Program for Your Community?
- How Young Is Too Young to Climb Mount Everest?
- Do You Trust Your Government?
- If You Were Governor of Your State, How Would You Spend a Budget Surplus?
- What Local Problems Do You Think Your Mayor Should Try to Solve?
- Should Rich People Have to Pay More Taxes?
- What Is More Important: Our Privacy or National Security?
- Do Leaders Have Moral Obligations?
- Do Great Leaders Have to Be Outgoing?
- Is It Principled, or Irresponsible, for Politicians to Threaten a Shutdown?
- Should the U.S. Be Spying on Its Friends?
- When Is the Use of Military Force Justified?
- Should Countries Pay Ransoms to Free Hostages Held by Terrorists?
- Should the United States Stop Using the Death Penalty?
- When Should Juvenile Offenders Receive Life Sentences?
- What Do You Think of the Police Tactic of Stop-and-Frisk?
- Do Rich People Get Off Easier When They Break the Law?
- Should All Police Officers Wear Body Cameras?
- Will What Happened in Ferguson Change Anything?
- Should Felons Be Allowed to Vote After They Have Served Their Time?
- How Should We Prevent Future Mass Shootings?
- Would You Feel Safer With Armed Guards Patrolling Your School?
- What Is Your Relationship With Guns?
- Where Do You Stand on Unconcealed Handguns?
- Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?
- Did a Newspaper Act Irresponsibly by Publishing the Addresses of Gun Owners?
- Should Millions of Undocumented Immigrants Be Allowed to Live in the U.S. Without Fear of Getting Deported?
- Are Children of Illegal Immigrants Entitled to a Public Education?
- How Much Freedom Should Parents Give Their Children?
- How Should Parents Discipline Their Kids?
- When Does Discipline Become Child Abuse?
- Do ‘Shame and Blame’ Work to Change Teenage Behavior?
- Do We Give Children Too Many Trophies?
- Are Adults Hurting Young Children by Pushing Them to Achieve?
- Is Modern Culture Ruining Childhood?
- How, and by Whom, Should Children Be Taught Appropriate Behavior?
- Are ‘Dark’ Movies O.K. for Kids?
- Should Halloween Costumes Portray Only ‘Positive Images’?
- Are Parents Violating Their Children’s Privacy When They Share Photos and Videos of Them Online?
- Should Children Be Allowed to Compete on TV?
- How Young Is Too Young for an iPhone?
- Should Parents Limit How Much Time Children Spend on Tech Devices?
- How Should Parents Handle a Bad Report Card?
- How Important Are Parent-Teacher Conferences?
- Who Should Be Able to See Students’ Records?
- Would You Want to Be Home-Schooled?
- Should All Children Be Able to Go to Preschool?
- How Important Is Keeping a Clean House?
- Does Keeping a Messy Desk Make People More Creative?
- What Can Older People Learn From Your Generation?
- Does Your Generation Have Too Much Self-Esteem?
- Is Your Generation Really ‘Postracial’?
- When Do You Become an Adult?
- When Should You Be Able to Buy Cigarettes, Drink Alcohol, Vote, Drive and Fight in Wars?
- When You Are Old Enough to Vote, Will You?
- Can Money Buy You Happiness?
- Does Buying and Accumulating More and More Stuff Make Us Happier?
- Are We Losing the Art of Listening?
- Do People Complain Too Much?
- Which Is More Important: Talent or Hard Work?
- How Important Is Keeping Your Cool?
- When Should You Compromise?
- Is Your Generation More Self-Centered Than Earlier Generations?
- Do You Believe That Everything Happens for a Reason?
- How Much Control Do You Think You Have Over Your Fate?
- Can You Be Good Without God?
- How Important Do You Think It Is to Marry Someone With the Same Religion?
- Does Suffering Make Us Stronger and Lead to Success?
- Do Bystanders Have a Responsibility to Intervene When There is Trouble?
- When Is Looting Morally O.K.?
- Can Kindness Become Cool?
- Have Curse Words Become So Common They Have Lost Their Shock Value?
- What Words or Phrases Do You Think Are Overused?
- What Words or Phrases Should Be Retired?
- Do Laws That Ban Offensive Words Make the World a Better Place?
- Should Newspapers Reprint Cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad That Some Deem Offensive?
- Is It Wrong for a Newspaper to Publish a Front-Page Photo of a Man About to Die?
- Do Teachers Assign Too Much Homework?
- Does Your Homework Help You Learn?
- What Are You Really Learning at School?
- Does Class Size Matter?
- Do We Need a New Way to Teach Math?
- Does Gym Help Students Perform Better in All Their Classes?
- Should Reading and Math Be Taught in Gym Class Too?
- What Are the Best Ways to Learn About History?
- What Is the Right Amount of Group Work in School?
- What Do You Think of Grouping Students by Ability in Schools?
- How Important Is Arts Education?
- Do Schools Provide Students With Enough Opportunities to Be Creative?
- Does the Way Your Classroom Is Decorated Affect Your Learning?
- What Are the Best Teaching Methods for Getting Students to Behave Well in Class?
- How Does Your School Deal With Students Who Misbehave?
- Should Schools Be Allowed to Use Corporal Punishment?
- Is Cheating Getting Worse?
- Should Schools Put Tracking Devices in Students’ ID Cards?
- Should Middle School Students Be Drug Tested?
- Should Students Be Barred From Taking Cellphones to School?
- How Big a Problem Is Bullying or Cyberbullying in Your School or Community?
- How Should Schools Address Bullying?
- How Should Schools Address Cyberbullying?
- What Should the Punishment Be for Acts of Cyberbullying?
- When Do Pranks Cross the Line to Become Bullying?
- How Should Schools Respond to Hazing Incidents?
- Should the School Day Start Later?
- Is Your School Day Too Short?
- Do You Think a Longer School Calendar Is a Good Idea?
- Should the Dropout Age Be Raised?
- Should We Rethink How Long Students Spend in High School?
- Should Students Be Allowed to Skip Senior Year of High School?
- Should Kids Head to College Early?
- Class Time + Substitute = Waste?
- Do Kids Need Recess?
- Should Students Be Able to Grade Their Teachers?
- Does Your School Hand Out Too Many A’s?
- Do Girls Get Better Grades Than Boys in Your School?
- Does Separating Boys and Girls Help Students Perform Better in School?
- Why Do Boys Lag Behind Girls in Reading?
- Should Discomfort Excuse Students From Having to Complete an Assignment?
- How Well Do You Think Standardized Tests Measure Your Abilities?
- How Seriously Should We Take Standardized Tests?
- Do You Spend Too Much Time Preparing for Standardized Tests?
- Should Schools Offer Cash Bonuses for Good Test Scores?
- Would You Rather Attend a Public or a Private High School?
- How Much Does It Matter to You Which High School You Attend?
- Are Small Schools More Effective Than Large Schools?
- Should Home-Schoolers Be Allowed to Play Public School Sports?
- Should All Students Get Equal Space in a Yearbook?
- Should School Newspapers Be Subject to Prior Review?
- Is Prom Worth It?
- Is Prom Just an Excuse to Drink?
- How Necessary Is a College Education?
- Is College Overrated?
- Should a College Education be Free?
- What Is the Perfect Number of College Applications to Send?
- Should Colleges Find a Better Way to Admit Students?
- Should Colleges Use Admissions Criteria Other Than SAT Scores and Grades?
- Do You Support Affirmative Action in College Admissions?
- Does It Matter Where You Go to College?
- Do College Rankings Matter?
- What Criteria Should Be Used in Awarding Scholarships for College?
- Should Engineers Pay Less for College Than English Majors?
- Do Fraternities Promote Misogyny?
- Should Colleges Ban Fraternities?
- Would You Quit if Your Values Did Not Match Your Employer’s?
- Should Employers Be Able to Review Job Applicants’ SAT Scores?
- Do You Worry Colleges or Employers Might Read Your Social Media Posts Someday?
- Would You Rather Work From Home or in an Office?
- Is ‘Doing Nothing’ a Good Use of Your Time?
- Is Smoking Still a Problem Among Teenagers?
- Are Antismoking Ads Effective?
- Is Drinking and Driving Still a Problem for Teenagers?
- Should Marijuana Be Legal?
- Should Students Be Required to Take Drug Tests?
- Why Is Binge Drinking So Common Among Young People in the United States?
- Do You Think a Healthier School Lunch Program Is a Lost Cause?
- Should French Fries and Pizza Sauce Count as Vegetables?
- How Concerned Are You About Where Your Food Comes From?
- Is It Ethical to Eat Meat?
- Is Breakfast Really the Most Important Meal of the Day?
- Do You Prefer Your Tacos ‘Authentic’ or ‘Appropriated’?
- Should Sugary Drinks Be Taxed?
- Should the Government Limit the Size of Sugary Drinks?
- How Should Schools Handle Unvaccinated Students?
- Should Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal in Every State?
- Should Texting While Driving Be Illegal in Every State?
- Should Terminally Ill Patients Be Allowed to Die on Their Own Terms?
- Should Children Be Allowed to Wear Whatever They Want?
- What Are Your Opinions on Cosmetic Surgery?
- Do ‘Saggy Pants’ Mean Disrespect?
- Should You Care About the Health and Safety of Those Making Your Clothing?
- How Concerned Are You About Climate Change?
- How Should Nations and Individuals Address Climate Change?
- Should Developers Be Allowed to Build in and Near the Grand Canyon?
- Should Scientists Try to Help People Beat Old Age So We Can Live Longer Lives?
- Given Unlimited Resources, What Scientific or Medical Problem Would You Investigate?
- When Is It O.K. to Replace Human Limbs With Technology?
- Should Fertilized Eggs Be Given Legal ‘Personhood’?
- Do You Think Life Exists — or Has Ever Existed — Somewhere Besides Earth?
- Do You Believe in Intelligent Alien Life?
- Will Humans Live on Mars Someday?
- Would You Want to Be a Space Tourist?
- Should Certain Animals Have Some of the Same Legal Rights As People?
- Is It Unethical for a Zoo to Kill a Healthy Giraffe?
- Should You Go to Jail for Kicking a Cat?
- Should You Feel Guilty About Killing Spiders, Ants or Other Bugs?
- How Do You Think Dinosaurs Went Extinct?
- Should the Private Lives of Famous People Be Off Limits?
- Do You Think Child Stars Have It Rough?
- Should the United States Care That It’s Not No. 1?
- Is It Possible to Start Out Poor in This Country, Work Hard and Become Well-Off?
- Do Poor People ‘Have It Easy’?
- How Much Does Your Neighborhood Define Who You Are?
- Should Charities Focus More on America?
- What Causes Should Philanthropic Groups Finance?
- Is Teenage ‘Voluntourism’ Wrong?
- Do You Shop at Locally Owned Businesses?
- Is Amazon Becoming Too Powerful?
- Should Companies Collect Information About You?
- What Time Should Black Friday Sales Start?
- How Long Is It O.K. to Linger in a Cafe or Restaurant?
Internet and Social Media
Technology in Schools
ART, FILM, BOOKS, VIDEO GAMES AND OTHER MEDIA
Movies, TV and Theater
GENDER AND RELATIONSHIPS
Dating and Sex
SPORTS AND ATHLETICS
POLITICS AND POLICY
Leadership and Politics
Police, Prisons and Justice System
PARENTS AND FAMILIES
Parenting and Childhood
Parents and School
House and Home
Becoming an Adult
CHARACTER AND MORALITY
Religion and Spirituality
Morality and Personal Responsibility
Language and Standards
Teaching and Learning
Discipline and School Rules
Time in School
COLLEGE AND CAREER
Jobs and Careers
HEALTH AND NUTRITION
Drugs, Cigarettes and Alcohol
Nutrition and Food
Appearance and Fashion
Science and the Environment
Rich and Famous
Charity and Philanthropy