We are very excited to continue the RSM Online Homework program, which currently supports all 4th through 10th grade algebra classes and 6th, 7th, and 10th grade geometry classes.
RSM Online Homework is an excellent tool and beneficial resource for students, parents, and teachers:
- Students have the opportunity to identify and correct mistakes before turning in their homework to their teacher. As a result, students will develop better critical thinking skills and achieve higher grades.
- Parents will stay informed about their child's progress through automatic notifications of the assignment status and the assignment grade.
- Teachers can review the results of online assignments to determine which homework problems caused the most difficulty for students. Analysis of assignments allow teachers to better prepare lessons and use this information to modify the presentation of the material in class.
Please remember: teachers will still collect written homework to check your child’s thought process, to identify gaps in understanding, and to adjust homework grades. Make sure your child shows their work on paper and brings it to the classroom for the teacher's review.
If you have any questions regarding online homework please ask your teacher or office administration.
How It Works:
- During the lesson the teacher assigns homework, which is due the following week.
- The next day (often by noon), the parents and student receive a link to the electronic version of that same assignment. Students solve the homework on paper, enter their answers online and receive immediate feedback.
- A reminder is sent to both parents and students if the online assignment has not been started within 4 days.
- Parents will receive an email with the score of the assignment.
One of the first branches of the Russian School of Mathematics in Greater Boston, RSM-Acton provides a top-quality world-class math education for students grades K-12 with an emphasis on problem solving and critical thinking skills. In addition, we offer other enreachment programs such as SAT-I English & Math Prep and college-credited courses such as AP Calculus (AB & BC) and AP Physics (I & II).
Since our school first opened its doors in the Fall of 2008 (in the basement of our house), we have experienced phenomenal growth. Over 1000 students attend RSM-Acton every week, and almost 100% heard of us through “word of mouth” from our satisfied customers.
We are conveniently located at the heart of Acton on Main Street (Route 27N), between the Acton Memorial Library and the Central Post Office, and easily accessible from Routes 2, 27, 111, and 495. Our luxurious building has a lot of classroom and hall space, plenty of parking, a safe playground area, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Our branch serves over 20 Greater Boston communities, including Acton, Westford, Boxborough, Chelmsford, Concord, Carlisle, Harvard, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, Sudbury, Hudson, Bedford, Billerica, Burlington, Ayer, Groton, Bolton, Shirley, and Pepperell.